[ACCEPTED] Verslord - 933/945 BM Hunter

Moderator: Officers

[ACCEPTED] Verslord - 933/945 BM Hunter

Postby Verslord » November 10th, 2017, 11:27 am

Name: Verslord
Real ID or battle.net tag: illmatic26#1769
About you:
Hello and thank you for taking the time to look at my application. My name is Brad, and I am a 31-year-old Navy servicemember. I have been playing WoW off and on since Vanilla, and I have raided end game content for all roles. I play just about every day of the week outside of raid days for consumables, bad luck protection, and m+.
When it comes to my preparedness, I live in the hunter discord and partake in all the feel craft and theory discussion. I look at many logs and try to game each fight the best I can with talents and legendary combinations. I have spoken to Bubbleheart, and I understand it is a risk to take a chance on a BM hunter. I have no raiding experience as MM, but I plan on transitioning once I have both weapons to level 75 and have adequate relics. There will be encounters where either spec will be a better choice than the other, and I recognize that I should have both ready to go. With me, you will get a consistent, reliable raider who will do everything on his own part inside and outside of the raid to smoothen the progression.

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... n/verslord
Logs:
7.3 - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... bracket=-1
Pre 7.3 - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... bracket=-1

Past raid experience:
Vanilla - AQ40 to Twin Emps.
BC - Cleared Sunwell months prior to WotLK.
WotLK - Joined the Navy when I was attempting Alone in the Darkness. Had The Immortal, Firefighter, and other raid achievements.
Cata - Took this one off.
MoP - Cleared Heroic Lei Shen, took SoO off because of deployment.
WoD - Deployment.
Legion - I was able to clear Mythic EN on a Demo Warlock and Resto Druid before detaching from my ship in Hawaii and moved to New Jersey for a new job with Lockheed Martin. This process took me from the game for awhile and I returned at 7.2 launch when I saw how easy the catch up mechanics would be with Nethershards. I leveled a hunter to 110 and eventually got Cutting Edge in Nighthold. Due to some schedule conflicts, I haven't had a stable home for ToS and have only managed to see up to mythic Maiden.

Are there other specs and/or classes you would consider playing?
I will be picking up MM when I feel prepared enough for it.

Hybrids, are there any offspecs you are comfortable with and willing to play part-time?
I don't have any progression ready alts. Legendary system has really dissuaded me from playing any seriously.

Bonus: Any videos or streams showing you in action?
I have a video of my UI and Weakauras - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpT7AOpJMvo

Thank you for taking the time to look over my application and good luck if you decide to look elsewhere!
Last edited by bubleheart on November 13th, 2017, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Verslord

Re: Verslord - 933/945 BM Hunter

Postby bubleheart » November 10th, 2017, 11:55 am

Scheduling conflicts happen a lot with military stuff, but it seems to have happened in Tomb as well after I think you said you moved to NJ. Do you foresee any scheduling conflicts in the future or has that been ironed out? Looking for more info on this part "Due to some schedule conflicts, I haven't had a stable home for ToS and have only managed to see up to mythic Maiden."
bubleheart
Officer

Postby Verslord » November 10th, 2017, 12:00 pm

The scheduling conflicts were more along the lines of ToS split raids being held 30 minutes after I got home from work, which just wasn't sustainable on my part.
Verslord

Postby bubleheart » November 10th, 2017, 12:03 pm

And you would say our schedule fits more into what is doable without many issues?
bubleheart
Officer

Postby Pagulayan » November 10th, 2017, 12:04 pm

You mention scheduling conflicts. What leads you to believe these will not occur here? With a 12 hour raid week we really value high attendance.

Do you play WoW much outside of raid times? Mythic plus, heroics raids? Any other games you enjoy?

Also, as a side note. MM master race! Why BM when you came back instead of the lock or druid?
Pagulayan
Officer

Postby Pagulayan » November 10th, 2017, 12:04 pm

Goddamnit Buble. Some of are trying to work and can't type a response immediately.
Pagulayan
Officer

Postby bubleheart » November 10th, 2017, 12:10 pm

You messed it up Pag and now you are gonna confuse everyone!
bubleheart
Officer

Postby Verslord » November 10th, 2017, 12:17 pm

bubleheart wrote:And you would say our schedule fits more into what is doable without many issues?

Your schedule works perfectly for me.

Pagulayan wrote:You mention scheduling conflicts. What leads you to believe these will not occur here? With a 12 hour raid week we really value high attendance.

Do you play WoW much outside of raid times? Mythic plus, heroics raids? Any other games you enjoy?

Also, as a side note. MM master race! Why BM when you came back instead of the lock or druid?

I play a lot outside of raid times, and I really enjoy that time with guildmates who do the same. I am always willing to hop into a mythic+ or heroic raid.

I play a few other games casually. As dumb as it sounds, I really enjoy playing modded Minecraft. I will also play some of the other sandbox/survival/crafting types of games I come across on Steam.

Funny story about why I'm BM. When I returned to WoW at 7.2, my brother and I decided to have a no-heirloom/no-dungeon 1-110 leveling race on Sargeras, which is probably the most Alliance dominated PVP server there is. I made a BM hunter to give myself the best chance to win. When I hit 110, I just stuck with it and was doing just fine in raids. I feel BM is the most mobile of the ranged DPS classes. Also, with the right Legendary+trinket combos, you can game your cooldowns around fight mechanics. (2 minute turtle, Aspect of the Wild for each Maiden shield for example) The mobility is very valuable for getting to soak locations quickly or moving out of mechanics without theoretically losing any DPS while doing so. It only really starts slipping down the meter as fights become farm. I am biased, but I understand that I should have both tools in my toolbox, and am committed to picking up MM when it is ready.
Verslord

Postby Vadnee » November 10th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Verslord wrote:I play a few other games casually. As dumb as it sounds, I really enjoy playing modded Minecraft. I will also play some of the other sandbox/survival/crafting types of games I come across on Steam .

Real talk - have you ever played a game called The Forest?

Also, that Kill Command weak aura is hilarious for some reason.
Vadnee

Postby Verslord » November 10th, 2017, 1:08 pm

Vadnee wrote:
Verslord wrote:I play a few other games casually. As dumb as it sounds, I really enjoy playing modded Minecraft. I will also play some of the other sandbox/survival/crafting types of games I come across on Steam .

Real talk - have you ever played a game called The Forest?

Also, that Kill Command weak aura is hilarious for some reason.

I have about 100 hours into that game with my steam community. I think the game we put the most time into is one called Life is Feudal: Your Own. I have like 700 hours into that one. :D

I made that weak aura to get a few PogChamps in discord haha
Verslord

Postby Vadnee » November 10th, 2017, 1:15 pm

Verslord wrote:I have about 100 hours into that game with my steam community. I think the game we put the most time into is one called Life is Feudal: Your Own. I have like 700 hours into that one. :D

Will you be my friend plz
Vadnee

Postby Verslord » November 10th, 2017, 1:37 pm

Vadnee wrote:
Verslord wrote:I have about 100 hours into that game with my steam community. I think the game we put the most time into is one called Life is Feudal: Your Own. I have like 700 hours into that one. :D

Will you be my friend plz

Verslord

Postby Jayken » November 10th, 2017, 9:48 pm

Hey, would you have time to come chat with us in discord this Sunday around 7:15 CST?
Jayken
Officer

Postby Verslord » November 10th, 2017, 10:10 pm

Jayken wrote:Hey, would you have time to come chat with us in discord this Sunday around 7:15 CST?

Yes, I will be available all day Sunday.
Verslord

Postby Jayken » November 13th, 2017, 3:12 am

Accepted. You can whisper an officer for a guild invite at your convenience.
Jayken
Officer

Return to Closed Applications