Mîder Application

All applications are private, visible only to the applicant and Void officers / senior raiders.

Moderator: Officers

Mîder Application

Postby MythosFreak » November 15th, 2017, 1:42 am

Name: Mîder (alt 652)
Real ID or battle.net tag: MythosFreak#1374
About you: I'm 30 years old. I'm working on my BS in Computer Science. I work full time for a medical group. I've been playing this game since the original closed beta (sans WoD because... well, it was WoD).

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... m%C3%AEder
Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... m%C3%AEder

Past raid experience:
When I first started playing I had no life (I graduated school early and was taking classes at a local CC), the guild I was in garnered 6/9 W1 for MC, but a couple players were banned for selling gold, so that was the last I saw of that kind of prestige. Cleared all through Vanilla raids, everything through BC, in Wrath/Cata I was in the top guild(s) (breakups and reforms) on my server, during MoP I had to quit after HoF, but I was in the 2nd place guild on my server when I quit. I came back towards the end of SoO and only dipped my toes into Heroic. I completely skipped WoD, I only came back at the end to level characters in preparation for Legion. When Legion started, I wanted to create a guild of my own; during our growing months, we managed 5/7M and 1/3M. In NH we had a relatively solid core (you can always improve) and managed 9/10M with P2 experience in GD before ToS came out. In ToS we were able to maintain the 2nd spot on our server, unfortunately only getting 7/9 down with a 10% wipe on Avatar. I do have experience through P3 on KJ, if you'd like to know more, I can tell you over comms.

Long story short, I've been raiding since raiding was a thing. It's why I play this game. To push myself, to see new encounters, and to experience everything that Blizzard can churn out, in terms of a challenge.

Are there other specs and/or classes you would consider playing?
I alternate between Frost and UH dependent on what is performing best that tier/patch/what have you. I do have a viable Blood spec/set/weapon, but I prefer not to play (if it means the difference between having a raid night or not, though, I'm more than willing). I'm most comfortable on my DK, but I learn quickly and put effort into everything I play. Unfortunately, Legion isn't 100% alt friendly, so attempting to groom an alt at this point could prove challenging.

Hybrids, are there any offspecs you are comfortable with and willing to play part time?
Any of them. I've been maining DK since Wrath, I've seen it through every iteration. If I need to learn something on the fly, I am more than capable.

Bonus: Any videos or streams showing you in action?
I wish. I used to record, but I haven't picked it up since returning for Legion. It tends to be more time consuming than I like.

Extra:
I consider myself a very capable raider. I'm very team oriented and I maintain my positive and focused approach regardless of the circumstance. Being as seasoned as I am, I understand that wipes are innate to raiding. I live to push myself whether my competition be others in the raid, or even just myself. I'm always looking for ways to improve and I'm open to criticism (so long as it's constructive) of all kinds.
MythosFreak

Re: Mîder Application

Postby Pagulayan » November 16th, 2017, 2:09 pm

Come on over Mîder alt 652
Pagulayan
Officer

Re: Mîder Application

Postby bubleheart » November 16th, 2017, 2:11 pm

Thanks for chatting with us the other day and I apologize for the delay on getting back to you. Donny also gave you a high recommendation.
Last edited by bubleheart on November 16th, 2017, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubleheart
Officer

Return to Recruitment