Milky - Resto Shaman

All applications are private, visible only to the applicant and Void officers / senior raiders.

Moderator: Officers

Milky - Resto Shaman

Postby Milky » November 14th, 2017, 9:47 pm

Name: Milky
Real ID or battle.net tag: Milky#1852
About you:Hi, i'm Milky! I've been French Canadian for 28years and a resto shaman for 11 years now. Outside of WoW, i am a developer in an insurance company(exciting!) and have a fairly stable... unshakable schedule there that allows me to be on wow as much as i want(RIP).

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... milk%c3%bd
Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=hps

I currently have no logs in ToS. I will do a bunch of runs this weekend to get logs up for the current raid. There are my logs for the previous raids up to Mythic HFC last expansion though if that can help sustain log divers until i upload current tier logs up.

Past raid experience:
I never know how far back i should go when talking about this... so i might as well overkill it and go back to the wee days of my youth.

Started raiding early BC in Karazhan in a guild called Livid on Wildhammer(then Burning Legion... then Drak'Tharon). we cleared everything BC had to offer until Wrath came out(No M'uru/KJ pre nerf kill tho :X). In WotLK,after clearing Naxx25, our guild had some shortcomings and called it quits. Some of us who were more on the hardcore side stayed together as a 10man and kept raiding, clearing Ulduar, Tribute to Madness 10m and ICC10H and later on ICC25H.

Once Cata came out, guild split apart and i ended up taking a more causal approach to raiding until Dragon Soul came out. Cleared Heroic DS and most of Heroic Firelands(Up to Ragnaros) while it was current content.
In Mop, nothing worth mentioning progression wise until ToT where i cleared 10/13H and SoO 14/14H before it became mythic.

WoD and one questionable guild/decision later, I'm raiding HFC with the guild i've been in for the last 2 years now, Vortex on Turalyon. Cleared 14/14M HFC. I became raid leader and healing lead in that guild about half way into mythic HFC progression

In Legion, i cleared EN 7/7M , ToV 2/3M and 10/10M Nighthold. I ended up quitting once we got our Mythic Gul'dan kill due to burnout from the various(and many) responsibilities i had to the point where even just stepping down from it all didn't seem like a nice compromise. Now, 5-6 months and a BlizzCon later, i feel like i want to start playing again. Unfortunately, the healing position has been filled in my current guild which is why I'm looking for a new guild to raid with(No, i wouldn't leave should a position reopens in Vortex).

I now realize I've talked about a bit more than just my progression... it's too late to turn back.

Are there other specs and/or classes you would consider playing?
I have played Holy pally in HFC to better accommodate some fights comp wise. I don't really have any gripes with playing a different class, as long as it's a healer... maybe a tank. I can't pull meaningful dps for the life of me.

Hybrids, are there any offspecs you are comfortable with and willing to play part time?
I can... but definitely not something that'll top meters. If anything, i will be a body that's pulling more than a tank and can do mechanics...

Bonus: Any videos or streams showing you in action?
Of course!! i record nearly all of our kills!
https://www.youtube.com/user/milkyshama ... =dd&view=0

Now i know what you're thinking... This guys is a perfect fit but... his gear is pretty low. I understand that. Hell, I've probably thought the same thing a handful of times in my last year and a half as an officer in my "previous" guild when looking over at applicants. This application is most likely closer to a project than an immediate position. The reason i still decided to throw out an application is because you guys are somewhat in the "dead" season. You are done with progression so filling that role immediately probably isn't as important as trying to get one before Antorus. Then when Antorus comes out, normal and heroic farming isn't something i feel like I'd be lagging on(Regardless of my gear... I'm still a really good healer) and since those 2 difficulties are usually just farmed to trinket/tier fishing, it would be much easier to soak unwanted/non-upgrade gear to catch up. I figured it'd be too late to try should i app once mythic progression started because then i would really be useless in raid. At least now i can be useless when it doesn't really matter and be good to go when the real stuff goes live :D

Anyway, I've talked much more than what i was asked for.

Thanks for taking the time to go over my application.

Feel free to reach out to me via B.Net Milky#1852 or Discord Milky#7640 if you have other questions.
Milky

Re: Milky - Resto Shaman

Postby Jayken » November 15th, 2017, 9:46 pm

Hey Milky,
Thanks for the time and effort you put into this application. We are unable to offer you a position at this time. Good luck in your search for a guild!
Jayken
Officer

Re: Milky - Resto Shaman

Postby Milky » November 16th, 2017, 6:18 am

Alright
Best of lucks in Antorus!

Cheers
Milky

Return to Recruitment