Tragedies - Spriest/Lock

All applications are private, visible only to the applicant and Void officers / senior raiders.

Moderator: Officers

Tragedies - Spriest/Lock

Postby Tragedies » November 14th, 2017, 12:15 pm

Name: Tyler
Real ID or battle.net tag: Tragedies#11440
About you: I'm a 21 y/o college student, currently studying computer science. I was an athlete for my whole life leading up to college but decided to take a step back and just play intramurals. Ended up putting my competitive drive towards WoW and haven't looked back.

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ed%C3%ADes (Spriest)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ed%C3%AEes (Warlock)

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ed%C3%ADes (Spriest)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ed%C3%AEes (Warlock)

Past raid experience: Currently 7/9M with a 0.1% wipe on Avatar. Previous tiers include 13/13M HFC, 7/7M EN, 2/3M ToV, 10/10M NH

Are there other specs and/or classes you would consider playing? Sure, I've got a mage at 930 and everything else floating around 910-920. I'm most competent on Mage/Boomkin as alts though.

Hybrids, are there any offspecs you are comfortable with and willing to play part time? I'm comfortable healing, but I don't like it. With the AP/legendary system I've all but abandoned healing this xpac but I've done it on a few fights in ToS when it was absolutely critical. Namely my current guild's first Sisters kill.

Bonus: Any videos or streams showing you in action? Unfortunately no, but here's a screenshot of my UI: https://imgur.com/a/LeWmF
Tragedies

Re: Tragedies - Spriest/Lock

Postby Vadnee » November 14th, 2017, 12:27 pm

Are you purposefully leaving a guild named Devoid and apping to us since we're called Void?

Memes aside, what's your reason for wanting to leave Devoid?
Vadnee

Postby Pagulayan » November 14th, 2017, 12:33 pm

When you say "everything else" floating around 910-920... what *exactly* do you mean?

What are your thoughts on shadow coming up for the new raid? Do you think the new tier will impact how you gear or what talents you use at all?
Pagulayan
Officer

Postby Tragedies » November 14th, 2017, 12:40 pm

I main a spriest > spriests need Void > am currently Devoid of Void /thread.

Ok now on a serious note: I have a number of issues with Devoid. The largest of which are their recruitment policies and how the leadership conducts things. They're not very transparent about what they do or why they do it so many of their decisions seem arbitrary and infuriating to the 15 of us who aren't officers. I'm looking to get back to pushing US100 and I have 0 faith or reason to believe that Devoid can perform any better than where they're (we're) currently at.

As for the state of Shadow in Antorus, it's going to suck moving from T20 to T21 since Shadow's T20 was undoubtedly the best tier bonus the game has seen this xpac, but Shadow scales absurdly hard with increases of secondary stats (@Arcano) so througput is going to be as good as it always is at the end of an xpac. The new tier, from everything I've seen thus far, won't impact talent selection at all. There's some potential on the highest end of gear to go San'layn over Auspicious Spirits because of the very high haste levels that will be achievable but for most of the tier current talent choices still hold. The most notable *potential* gearing change is running Soul over Sephuz on ST fights. Early ST sims are showing that Soul is outperforming Sephuz on ST fights.

By "everything else" I mean a Boomkin, Rogue, Shaman, Demon Hunter, and Death Knight. I have a Paladin, Monk, and Hunter floating around 900.
Tragedies

Postby Yesterdaze » November 14th, 2017, 1:38 pm

Tragedies wrote:I main a spriest > spriests need Void > am currently Devoid of Void /thread.

Liking this app.
Yesterdaze

Postby StarDust » November 14th, 2017, 3:07 pm

Tragedies wrote:I main a spriest > spriests need Void > am currently Devoid of Void /thread.

Does anything else need to be said?
StarDust

Postby bubleheart » November 15th, 2017, 2:10 am

Can you meet up tomorrow around 6:30CST to chat?
bubleheart
Officer

Postby Tragedies » November 15th, 2017, 1:01 pm

Tomorrow being the 16th? Sure thing, I'll be available.
Tragedies

Postby bubleheart » November 15th, 2017, 1:07 pm

Meaning today the 15th. Sorry I wrote that past midnight! New days don't start til you go to sleep! :)
bubleheart
Officer

Postby Tragedies » November 15th, 2017, 1:21 pm

Understandable! I'll still be available tonight!
Tragedies

Postby bubleheart » November 15th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Sounds good! See you then. Add me on btag roffletastic#1470
Last edited by bubleheart on November 15th, 2017, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubleheart
Officer

Return to Recruitment